My Creations, Places I like

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

MapQuest: Carnegie Hall

    When "knife skills" comes to mind I grimace at the thought of Chef Speckamp shaking his head in disbelief while picking through my stack of "julienned" potatoes with a toothpick. "hmm thezz side luuks ok...but thezz ends are uneeeevennn PeteRR...you have twooo by FOurs!" The knife cut that keeps me up at night is the ever so elusive tourne cut--a 7 equal-sided football. Although mine have improved to an extend that's not saying much after the term "tour-nuggets" was applied specifically for me...



     Thanks to the magic of Paint, the "Disappointed Asian father Meme" becomes "Disappointed Chef Speckamp Meme" (see what I did there). At this point in time I would like to point out that Chef Speckamp apparently used to have the greatest mustache of all time? I wish he still had it...damn!
Classic "tour-nugget" right there....

Ideally this is pretty darn close to what my chef expects but this was done in my room with no actual time constrains




    The last line of the clip pretty much sums up this post so feel free to fast forward to the last 30 seconds. Man, I had fun writing this post....

1 comment:

  1. They used to have these infomercials in the 80's for the Ginzu knife. They had an Asian chef demo thrm, they were magical. That's what u need for your tourne.

    ReplyDelete