My Creations, Places I like

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Touche New York...

      Wow its been a while since I posted anything, so I apologize if any of you were on the brink of insanity...who are the gentle guys in white with the weird jackets, right? (I know how you feel, no matter what you do just don't swallow those mysterious "pills" they try to give you...) I began my spring break trip to NYC with my mom via double-decker bus. The ride up was fine, I slept mostly while my mom listened to a conversation six rows back. Moms hear all...just ask her about a story involving my hair, bubblegum, and a pair of scissors. We had more things planned in a weekend than most New Yorkers have planned for the year (she's also a notorious down-to-the-last-minute schedule planner, just ask my dad) so naturally we were all over the place.
      How do I put this delicately...I must admit in the past I never really had a thing for NYC (are they outside with torches and pitchforks yet?) I mean I don't hate New York, New York but lots of the things that makes the city so iconic are the very same things that I didn't really care for. For me, every time I visited, the city was too large, too overwhelming. It seemed like there was a sort of disconnect between the people, the "city where nobody looks each other in the eye" as someone I know once put it. I will leave the identity of that person unknown for safety purposes. I don't know, maybe all cities are like that once you visit enough, maybe not. Now that I'm older, and wiser though (Jess, I know you'll make a comment about that), my perceptions of the city have changed dramatically. My guess is that I was too young to fully understand the city of New York, and all the fantastic things it has to offer. I still don't think its the city where I'll rest my head one day, but after the weekend I had I could dabble from time to time. With that being said, these next few posts will be dedicated to my New York weekend extravaganza; enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment