- 3 Tbsp pomegranate juice
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp finely minced shallot
- 1/4 C olive oil (not extra virgin)
- salt & pepper to taste
- fresh spinach leaves
- 2 Tbsp Pomegranate juice infused dried cranberries
- 1 Tbsp goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp walnuts roughly chopped
- 1 pear cored, and thinly sliced
Grilled Shrimp and Starfruit Skewers w/ Spicy Balsamic Glaze:
- 10-15 wooden skewers
- 1 to 1.5 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2-3 starfruit, trimmed and sliced into 1/2 inch thick "stars"
- 1/4 C balsamic glaze
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper
Once the skewers have thoroughly soaked, begin assembly by skewering a shrimp followed by a starfruit, and repeat that step two more times. There, you now have one skewer..rejoice! Keep assembling your skewers until all the shrimp and starfruit is used up and lightly season each side with salt and pepper. Heat up the grill to med-high and place the skewers on the grill with some of the wooden skewer hanging off the edge so you do not burn yourself when flipping.The skewers will cook quickly, about 2-3 minutes each side or until the shrimp is pinkish-orange on both sides. Take the skewers off the grill and set aside to cool slightly.
While shrimp cools, quickly add the balsamic glaze (you can make your own balsamic glaze from scratch, I just happened to have some laying around), mustard, and red pepper flakes to a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Baste the glaze onto the shrimp skewers as liberally as you would like...go wild. Serve immediately.