My Creations, Places I like

Friday, February 11, 2011

Its All Happening!

      Whats up world? I finally finished my culinary application for the CIA (my essay is da bomb) and submitted it via their website!! These next few weeks are going to be hell until I get a letter back from them. To be safe I'll probably send in a few more culinary applications (wish they weren't all $50!) in the next few days so I'm going to be super busy this coming week. Although, I am heading to the grocery store in a few minutes to get a few things for my pesto mayonnaise project so look for that to be posted either tonight or tomorrow evening with the Sam Adams Blackberry Witbier dish.
      On a minor side note: I tried Tofu for the first time today...interesting texture. My initial thoughts were that it tasted like really soft pasta, you know if you cook it too long? Well anyway, I had never had it before an thought I'd try it when my buddy Smitty an I were eating Chinese on campus. I ordered it with Lo Mein noodles, and chicken in garlic sauce (YUM). The tofu was actually quite delicious, especially in their Mapo sauce (dont know what that is, but it was superb).


      By the way if you were wondering what tofu actually is: its a bean curd made from coagulated soy milk pressurized into blocks or cubes. Sounds nasty but hey so are hot dogs and you have eaten at least ONE ball park frank in you life. Nonetheless it was good so EAT IT! (love how eat it applies in two different ways there) Lastly, if you are looking to try tofu DO NOT EAT IT PLAIN b/c you will hate it. It absorbs the flavor of whatever it is in thus it is delicious in delicious sauces and things of that nature. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment