My Creations, Places I like

Monday, February 21, 2011

I Ate Food In DC

      Whats up world? My roommate Hucke and I made it back alive from our epic DC journey (thank you ladies) and naturally I had some good eats over the weekend. Friday night my friend Jess (the girl I visited) and some of her roommates took me to The Tombs--a restaurant by day, bar by night where I ordered butternut squash ravioli in cream sauce with caramelized onions, walnuts and cranberries.The meal was exceptional and the place was convenient b/c we ended up going back for the bar scene (I dropped a hundo that night, your welcome Tombs, sorry Mom). Saturday night the girls and I made various kinds of pizza and chowed down before another night of...entertainment. Side note: if you get the chance to cook food with 6 gorgeous girls YOU TAKE IT!
      Overall I had a blast of a weekend. 75 and sunny when we arrived, and a brilliantly blue sky on Saturday. I think its safe to say Hucke and I left our mark on the city of DC (he fell down a flight of stairs) "I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me." I added that quote from The Departed b/c we showed DC how its done! Ladies, if you ever read this, thank you for the great time and the hospitality. Don't ever change.

I've been obsessed with squash lately for some reason

1 comment:

  1. Did you mean "don't ever change"? And if not, please do explain "don't ever chance".

    Love you Petey. Glad you had fun (I mean... of course you did).

    ReplyDelete