My Creations, Places I like

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Asian Meatballs With Hoisin Mayonnaise

        So during the Superbowl I tried this recipe for mini Asian-style meatball subs b/c anyone can go out an buy French Onion Dip, even if it is, "heluva good". The meatballs were standard pork but were packed with diced ginger, garlic, fresh water chestnuts, sesame oil, soy sauce, you name it. "I could go on forever baby!" (I just referenced Home Alone II if you didn't notice. Also, what was the name of the black and white movie that guy was from? Rat Bait? Yeah I'm going to go with Rat Bait. "Alright I believe ya...BUT MY TOMMY GUN DON'T!"....ok what was I saying? oh yeah...) They were served on 7 to 8 inch-long baguette pieces split lengthwise with this deliciously tangy hoisin mayo, and topped with fresh bean sprouts and scallions. They took a little while to make b/c the ol' saying: "too many cooks in the kitchen" when really it was just 3 of my college buddies crammed in our hobbit-sized kitchen. In the end they turned out looking so-so but to my surprise actually tasted fantastic!
        Clearly I wasn't going to let the leftovers go to waste, so I heated a few back up and put on a paper plate with the hoisin may and bean sprouts. These ones were not in the perfect meatball shape but hey, its leftovers, and I'm a broke college kid. Check it out:

Superbowl leftovers...YUM!



      

No comments:

Post a Comment