My Creations, Places I like

Saturday, April 2, 2011

So My Dad Calls...

      Today, April 2nd is my dad's birthday, so him and my mom went on a bus trip to New York City through the Hyde Museum, which my mom volunteers at. If my dad was born one day earlier things would have been drastically different I think. Could you imagine having a birthday on April Fools? Yeah me neither...
      I chat with my dad for a few moments while I posted my previous entry and he tells me they're at the only Michelin Star rated Indian restaurant in the country. When he tells me this I almost s_ _ _ my pants (would you like to buy a vowel?) for two reasons: 1. I wish I was eating at a Michelin Star Indian restaurant and 2. my dad is the pickiest eater in the world so getting him to try Indian food is like trying to get a vegetarian to eat a hamburger (laughs, cuts into his veal). The restaurant is called "Devi" and the chef Suvir Saran will be on the new season of Top Chef Masters. I don't have any photos of the place but I'm sure my dad took plenty of pics because he's an avid amateur photographer...or maybe not because they were drinking plenty of wine...

Side note: Again, happy birthday to my dad. If I was to display his age here, I'm sure Robert De Niro would show up at my front door with a baseball bat...and not the De Niro from Meet the Fockers, I'm talking Goodfellas De Niro (No I'm not looking at you Mr. De Niro). My dad deserves to have a good time in NYC for his birthday because he works so hard everyday. If you ever have the misfortune of having to go to Glens Falls emergency room, don't worry your in the hands of Dr. Hahm...unless he's off that day. Then your just going to have to bite down on that bullet. Just kidding, they really do remarkable things at the Glens Falls ER. I should know, I think I set the record for most trips their from '95 to '01...Seriously, I have the schematics memorized in my head (the man with the rubber gloves was surprisingly gentle)

Side note 2: When someone new comments on my blog they don't just get a thank you from me, they get a personal shout out. All I know about you is that you're friends with my brother, but thanks for the comment Shelley! And yes, I will enjoy culinary school...to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment